Re: [PARPORT] after cdrecord -multi.. mount leaves a 0byte File /mnt/cdrom, ECP issue?

grant@torque.net
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:12:42 -0400 (EDT)

> After appending to a unclosed CD (earlier written in windowz ), when I
> tried to mount it a 0 size /mnt/cdrom FILE was created, evidentally
> deleting the pre-existing /mnt/cdrom dir. when I loaded the pcd module
> and mounted the cd in my HP CDRW, all files showed up except for thoes
> I had just tried to append. Is this a cdrecord or parport related issue.

Probably you are seeing two problems:

        - your drive on /dev/hdc can't read the multi-session CD

        - the HP drive can, but pcd doesn't handle it properly.

Multi-session support for pcd is on the to-do list.