[PARPORT] Re: carefully does it

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 1 May 1999 20:43:42 +0100 (GMT)

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> My point is that you'll get blocked in lp_check_status() anyway the
> first time you'll revert to the slow path when count++ will reach
> LP_CHAR(minor).

Yes, I saw that after I sent my mail. The basic point was to ignore paper
out and select _unless_ fault was asserted as well. In other words,
lp_check_status should first check fault, then only if fault indicates
something's wrong check paper out and select. Do you see what I mean? I
think what might be happening with these printers is that they don't
bother with paper out or select until something's up, then they set them
and fault at the same time.