[PARPORT] parport documentation!

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 1 May 1999 23:01:32 +0100 (GMT)

Guys,

Here is some tentative documentation for parport.

It doesn't cover the 2.2 API, nor does it cover the current tmw tree's
API. What does it cover?

It describes how I think parport _should_ function, once the relevant
changes to the tmw tree are carried out. I may have got some parts
completely wrong, and I would much appreciate it if you would let me know
what they should look like.

Bits I'm still not particularly happy about include the parameter for
change_mode and the fact that there's basically nothing the programmer can
do if there is data left to _read_ in the FIFO but the port must be
released.

Anyway, here it is. Let me know what you think.