Re: [PARPORT] Problems with IOMEGA-ZIP-Drive

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 4 May 1999 18:46:24 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Andreas Grupp wrote:

> > Have you tried playing around with the BIOS setting of the parallel port?
>
> Not yet. Which sort of playing do you mean?

In particular, if your parallel port is set to ECP+EPP, that might be the
reason that you are seeing problems. (David, do you know why this is?)

When the machine boots, go to the BIOS settings and hunt around for
anything to do with the parallel port.

> Sorry you're rigth. The version number was out of ppa.h. I was just
> wondering since the newest version I found on thw web was 1.xx. Does
> your answer mean that there are no further versions on the web since
> they are all included in the kernel source now?

I think so. (David?)

> > If you run out of things to try, you could take a look at patch-2.2.7-ctr
> > (ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport; it's against clean 2.2.7), which fixes
> > a bug which might affect you.
>
> But that means that I have to switch to 2.2.7 on all machines we are
> trying to do something like that.

In fact it doesn't. It should apply cleanly to pretty much any 2.2
kernel.