[PARPORT] Re: patch-2.2.7-tmw3 and IEEE1284 modes

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 6 May 1999 19:36:34 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Thomas Sailer wrote:

> - is there an easy way to force a specific 1284 mode
> without negotiation, without duplicating some code
> in parport_negotiate?

If you want to talk ECP straight off, with no negotiation phase, just use
port->ops->ecp_write_block directly.

> - how do I issue an ECP command cycle?

I'm glad you asked. ;-) The interface needs changing, basically. You can
find documentation on what I'd like it to look like here:

<URL:ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/parport-doc>

I'd appreciate comments on it. I don't really want to go and make the
changes only to find out that they're not useful. ;-)

It's starting to look much better now. The architecture is separated out
a lot more, and change_mode does something useful.

Please take a look and tell me what you think. The document isn't
finished, but the functions that remain undocumented are guessable (most
already exist and remain unchanged).

Thanks,