[PARPORT] EPP mode used for EPAT plus

Mattias Wingstedt (wing@idonex.se)
Tue, 18 May 1999 14:31:33 +0200 (CEST)

I'm trying to write a device driver for the Kodak FD 300 film scanner.
Unfortunatly I have not been able to obtain any specifications for it, but
reverse engineering it seems like a challenge. Now it uses a EPAT plus
chip, presumably for the communications, which linux supports.

Now my problem is listening to the communication between the computer and
scanner. Having failed to get any software snooper to work I've decided on
trying with hardware, and have a design that will enable me to intercept
the regular EPP communication protocol (read, write, address read and
address write).

The problem is that this will fail miserably in case the parallel port
is used in any other way. So I'm wondering if the EPAT plus chip uses
anything apart from regular EPP communications?

PS: I tried and failed miserably at getting the information by reading the
    source code for the epat driver...

--
Mattias Wingstedt