[PARPORT] Castlewood ORB drive

grant@torque.net
Tue, 18 May 1999 19:02:13 -0400 (EDT)

I've had a number of enquiries over the past few months about the
Castlewood ORB drive, and the parallel port version in particular.

The drive seems to have hit the market at last, in the US
anyway. I had a bit of trouble finding someplace that was willing
to export one to me, but today it arrived. I can report that the
drive works with PARIDE, at least to the extent that I have tested it.

The drive uses the OnSpec 90c26 adapter, which is supported by the on26
protocol module.

For those who are concerned about such things, however, I should report
that three separate attempts on my part to contact Castlewood all failed.

The company's SyQuest ancestry is quite evident in the product.