[PARPORT] ECP support for cdrecord (with HP7500 CD-writer with kernel 2.2.1)

Blurock (blurock@risc.uni-linz.ac.at)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:14:04 +0200

After reading all the messages pertaining to the HP7200
CD-writer with cdrecord, I get the impression that having EPP
(as opposed to ECP or bi-directional, which is what I have)
at the moment is a prerequisite.

However, my VAIO-808 only has ECP and bi-directional.
Is there any hope that ECP will be supported at any point?
(running debian kernel 2.2.1, cdrecord 1.6 and 1.8 with HP7500e)

In loading the pg module, the HP 7500 is actually recognized in the
printout,
which I assume to mean, somehow, that it is compatable with the 7200.

I get a problem with cdrecord -scanbus in that though something
is recognized at the zero position, it doesn't know what it is -
from the examples shown, the HP device should be printed.

 I also tried the delay=0 command:
     insmod pg drive0=0x378,0,0,2,1,0
but I get the same results with scanbus and with actually
trying to write (it says that it is hanging and needs power
recycling).

What I haven't quite understood in this problem is why pcd works
by reading, i.e. that it also has to go through the ECP parallel.

Thanks

ned