[PARPORT] writing a parport client driver

Sven Geggus (geg@iitb.fhg.de)
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:04:32 +0200

Hi there,

as of 2.2.x parport is included in stock Kernels. I have a custom made
device whith its own driver which must be connected to the parallel port as
well. Is it possible to change my driver in a way, that it can be loaded
on demand?

What I would like to do exactly is to enable users connecting a printer or
my device just as they need them.

At the moment my driver just conflicts with parport. I didnt find any
suitable documentation on this topic. probably you could point me to a
device driver which already does a simular job.

Thanks for Info

Sven

--
|_||_||||| Sven Geggus @ Fraunhofer Institut fuer Informations und