Re: [PARPORT] BETA test, new ppSCSI drivers

Juha Sahakangas (juhasa@main.edu.kauhajoki.fi)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 02:18:19 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Michele Bini wrote:

> Cool!

Very cool, indeed.

> After patching the sane driver I finally got my
> scanner (a Phantom 336 CX, whose SCSI version
> (if it exists) wasn't explicitly supported by
> SANE) to scan.

How, exactly? I have Phantom 330CX, and i'd love to get it working too..
model numbers are very near, maybe they work with same drivers too, then.

When i load the onscsi-module i get the following information out:

ppSCSI 0.90 (0.90) installed
onscsi.1: onscsi 0.90 (0.90), OnSpec 90c26 at 0x378 mode 0 (Nybble) dly 1
nice 0 sg 16
scsi1 : onscsi
scsi : 2 hosts.
  Vendor: Model: scanner 330CS Rev: 1.28
  Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi generic sgc at scsi1, channel 0, id 2, lun 0

So it is detected and the parscsi-module probably works, but the sane
doesn't find it.