Re: [PARPORT] How to setup a parport LS120 drive?

grant@torque.net
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 06:30:43 -0400 (EDT)

> I got question, how do I setup up a LS120 drive under RH5.2?

I am aware of two different PP LS-120 models on the market. There are
certainly others. Of the two I am aware of, one is supported by 5.2
the other requires a kernel upgrade.

If you have the Imation SuperDisk, try:

        insmod paride
        insmod epat
        insmod pf

Assuming that works, you should be able to access the LS-120 media as

        /dev/pf0

If something doesn't work, please try loading pf with the "verbose=1"
option and include the relevant messages from 'dmesg' with your report.

Check to be sure that you have your parallel port set to EPP mode. Avoid
any modes that mention "ECP".

If you have a Maxell/Panasonic/Freecom LS-120 drive, the steps are the
same, except that you need a 2.0.37 or 2.2 kernel, and you should load
the "friq" protocol module rather than epat.

Please review the documentation in .../linux/Documentation/paride.txt on
your system, or http://www.torque.net/parport/paride.html