Re: [PARPORT] ppscsi/epst mode question(slow scanning w/ hp5200C

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:24:06 +0100 (GMT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, David Campbell wrote:

> Keep working on the chipset kludge routine.
>
> Tim, is there anywhere in parport_pc we can "bury" these chipset
> kludges?

Sorry, I haven't followed this very carefully. What exactly do these
kludges do? There's a certain amount of chipset-specific things that only
really make sense in user-space (set base address, irq, etc.). Do these
fall into that category?

If the kludges are necessary for the port to work at all, then yes I
suppose they need to go into parport_pc.o somehow.