[PARPORT] Printer pass-through on Zips

Matthew Vanecek (mev0003@unt.edu)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:23:29 -0500

I was wondering if any progress has been made on fixing the problem some
of us were having with the pass-through ports on Zips (and other
drives?), and ECP or ECP/EPP mode, where the drive wouldn't release the
port. Especially since some current mobos don't offer an SPP mode. :/.

Currently, I have to "echo mode=1" to the appropriate /proc/* file, and
unplug/plug back in my Zip drive, before the printer will receive the
print job. I have to do this power off/power on of the drive every time
I have used the drive, and wish to print.
I seem to recollect David Campbell mentioning he had an Asus mobo he was
going to work with this on?

--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis