[PARPORT] Parallel Port PCI and IO (NEED HELP)

Ryan Ziolko (affegott@chicagonet.net)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 22:26:06 -0500

Hello All-

I was wondering if Linux (Redhat 6 mainly...) supports parallel ports on
cards, like the PCI ones that give 2 more ports. I need more ports,
because I am build a "robot" for an honors project. We are going to use a
standard motherboard, and connect various devices to it...

Speaking of that, what is the best way to get analog and digital data in and
out of the computer? For example, how could I read a temperature from a
thermister? Or how could I drive a motor?

    Ryan Z.