[PARPORT] Compact Flash/Shuttle

Bill Broadley (bill@math.ucdavis.edu)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:46:01 -0700

Hello all,

        I search around the list and found a few people with similiar
problems. Figured I'd take a shot as well.

        I just got the connectivity kit for a Kodak DC265 digital camera
including a pcmcia adapter for a compact flash that "just works" and
a parallel port version.

        I opened up the parallel port version and inside there was a single
ship thats says "Shuttle". So I tried:
/sbin/insmod paride.o
paride: version 1.04 installed
/sbin/insmod epat.o
paride: epat registered as protocol 0
/sbin/insmod pd.o
pd: pd version 1.05, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
pda: Autoprobe failed
pd: no valid drive found
set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 2 to 57

I tried the epia driver as well:
/sbin/insmod epia.o
paride: epia registered as protocol 0
/sbin/insmod pd.o
pd: pd version 1.05, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
pda: Autoprobe failed
pd: no valid drive found
set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 3 to 58
set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 4 to 59

I also tried setting the parallel port as ECP as suggested by someone else
on this list (from the archive).

The light on the adapter is on, and does blink when I try to insmod pd or
pf.

Any other suggestions? Is a special high level driver necessary for Compact
flash's? Or is it just an IDE disk? I tried ATAPI as well...

--
Bill