Re: [PARPORT] Philips CDD3610 works apart from 1 small problem

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:26:39 +0100 (GMT)

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:

> On 23 Jul 1999, Adrian Phillips wrote:
>
> > parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
> > parport0: Unspecified, Unknown vendor Unknown device
>
> This looks like an aborted transfer when parport_probe tried to retrieve
> the Device ID. After that, the drive might be all confused.

Incidentally, if you get a chance to attach the drive to a test machine
running 2.3.11/12, it would be interesting to see if the probe works
properly.

(But I certainly don't advise running 2.3.x kernels on important
machines..)