Re: [PARPORT] daemon ppd

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:25:52 +0100 (GMT)

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, jaimie wrote:

> I thought having selected all of them which was possible for
> this task but unfortunately there is an error on my part which
> I cannot solve.

Your /etc/printcap may be pointing at the wrong lp device. The first
attached parallel printer is called '/dev/lp0' in 2.2.x. Make sure that
/etc/printcap knows to use /dev/lp0.

It sounds like you compiled your own kernel. The configuration options
you need to have enabled ('M' or 'Y' but not 'N') are:

        CONFIG_PARPORT
        CONFIG_PARPORT_PC
        CONFIG_PRINTER