Re: [PARPORT] HP 7100e AudioCD

grant@torque.net
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 12:03:15 -0400 (EDT)

> Can anyone tell me how to play audio CD's on my HP 7100e CD-RW player?
> Using kernel 2.2.9, I've been able to read standard data CD's but not audio
> CD's. Based on the Parport archives, I know it can be done. However, I
> can't find any detailed instructions for playing audio CD's. I'm not an
> expert on Linux, so please keep it simple. Thanks. Joe

There is a bug in the pcd driver that bites some player programs and not
others. At this time, try different tools and see if any of them work.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the new version of pcd - the audio
playing functions are being moved out of ide-cd, sr and pcd into the
common cdrom.c module. This should result in uniform audio behaviour
across most current devices.