[PARPORT] Re: uss720 usb->parport lowlevel driver

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:27:58 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Thomas Sailer wrote:

> Then I'm getting oopsen in the generic parport code (2.3.13).
> The program that oopses uses ppdev, and I get the oopses
> mainly when I press ctrl-c.

I can't seem to reproduce the problem, and I can't see anything wrong with
the code. What exactly do you do to get it to oops?

> Then I'm seeing another funny again, namely that this program
> hangs when using ECP emulation, but only if _NOT_ straced.
> If straced, everything is fine... strange.

Odd. Any idea where it hangs? ptracing a process involves signals, so
that might give it enough of a kick to 'unhang'. Something like
down_interruptible..?