Re: [PARPORT] Spammers out there?

grant@torque.net
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:08:17 -0400 (EDT)

> Most of the last mails I got from this list were some kind of spam;( Is
> anybody willing to exclude them (add some FW input rules, check sender, ...)?
> Would be nice to have a lower noise rate here.

And if you are on the linux-kernel mailing list, you'll know that things
are even worse there.

"Is anybody willing" ? Yes, I'm willing, if you think you have a solution
I'd love to hear it. FYI: every one of the spams that has got through has
come from a valid email address. The standard rules are already in place.

I'd be willing to re-enable the rules that permit only members to post, but
If I do that, I will _not_ make exceptions for anyone - all messages from
non-subscribers will be automatically discarded. Unfortunately, this would
cut off some of the most prolific (and valued) posters to the list.