Re: [PARPORT] Printer doesn't work ...

Matthew Vanecek (mev0003@unt.edu)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:01:08 -0500

Tim Waugh wrote:

> > nothing changes. I also try echoing to /proc/scsi/ppa/2 various values,
> > 1,2,3,4,5, but while they change the Mode, it doesn't seem to affect
> > anything, either with my hack or with the original. Is that right?
>
> It sounds like it should make a difference. But I haven't looked at the
> code closely.
>
> Tim.
> */

hmm. Let me amend that. There were no *immediate* changes. I had left
it in EPP 32 bit mode, with my ppa loaded. At first everything was
normal. A little bit later, I started getting scsi errors, and couldn't
access the Zip drive. So I echoed it back to PS/2 mode, and everything
worked normally. So I guess it *does* work.

--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis