[PARPORT] Emulating a paride device

Mark Huang (markman@MIT.EDU)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:33:10 EDT

Hi,

I'm interested in making my Linux box appear to be a paride device to another
Linux box, or possibly Windows; without worrying about security at this point,
the idea is to be able to run some combination of a parport driver and a
daemon on the Linux box so that it appears to be a removable disk to Windows.

Is this possible through software alone? PLIP looked promising, but as far as
I know, it doesn't work with Windows...plus, I was hoping to be able to do
this without networking and NFS support compiled into the kernel.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance,

--Mark