Re: [PARPORT] Delkin Devices eFile Reader1 (Shuttle CompactFlash Reader)

grant@torque.net
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 07:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

> My Linux box recognizes the Delkin Devices eFilm Reader (a parallel port
> compactflash reader) as a Shuttle device. However, I cannot mount it
> because it does not recognize the file system. Does anyone know how I
> can read from this device?

You may find that the device has a standard DOS file system but a
non-standard partition table. "mtools" can be used to access the
whole device (/dev/pda, I imagine) if you specify on offset to the
start of the filesystem. The loopback device can also be used to
access a filesystem at a non-standard location.

You can probably use od or hexdump to find something that looks like
the beginning of a DOS partition.