Re: [PARPORT] Parport and Colorado 14GBe/HP DeskJet

grant@torque.net
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:45:34 -0400 (EDT)

> just to give a data point, i have no problems chaining through EPAT.
> my setup is kernel 2.2.10, an hp 5GBe, and a 100MB zip drive chained
> through the tape drive.
>
> should i check this with 2.2.{11,12,13pre*}? which kernel versions
> are folks specifically having problems with?

I think the issue is with certain HP printers behind the EPAT. If so,
the problem most likely generalises to any chain with more than one
device implementing some version of the IEEE1284 chain protocol.