Re: [PARPORT] DEC Alpha and Avatar Shark Drive

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:20:53 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Praveen Srinivasan wrote:

> I tried it with verbose=1. It probes a lot of addresses, and finds nothing.
> However, the drive lights up during probing. It's as if it's not able to
> communicate fully. Would a lava-type card work? Are there any special
> drivers needed for it?

Yes. 2.3.x recognises it without any fuss, but for 2.2 you need to apply
this patch:

<URL:http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport/patch-2.2.10-tmw2.gz>

Unfortunately, this brings in a load more than just PCI card support. If
I find some spare time I might back-port just the PCI support as an add-on
patch.