Re: [PARPORT] Hp T1000e not working..!

Jochen Hoenicke (Jochen.Hoenicke@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE)
Fri, 1 Oct 99 09:03 MET DST

: Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:39:40 -0700
: From: Moe Aitel <aitelm@wdn.com>
:
: Stephane
:
: I, too, have a T1000e. A while back, I saw a reference that someone=20
: was working on a driver for it. I sent a message to the person who=20
: was referenced. It did NOT bounce. I have received no answer. =20
:
: Perhaps someone on the list may have better information on this device.

I received this mail from Robert Blacquiere:

  Jochen

--------------
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:53:12 +0200
From: Robert Blacquiere <robert@guldan.demon.nl>

I know it's a long time since i mailed you. I was working on a driver.
But i had a small accident with the tape drive which caused the drive to
be completely broken. :-( And since there is no new one's to buy somewhere
or second hand. So the development has stopped almost a year ago. Sorry i
did not mailed you before. One of the problems i was working on was the epat
chipset and the floppy chipset in the tape drive to be working. Even the
windoze drive (latest release i got) did not work on my drive ??? Did they
change chipsets during production? I do not know this, my windoze system
stopped working on activation of the driver. Hardware crash? I realy don't
know. I used the drive you wrote or included in the parport release some
time ago. It did not work :-(. But if some one is interrested in getting
a driver for this device, we should get some people together with those
drives and my self to get some where a drive.