Re: [PARPORT] help with Imation ls-120

Joshua Jore (jjore@imation.com)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:41:06 -0500

Before you read farther understand that I don't work in the SuperDisk group so
I'm not speaking for my employer (Imation) here, I just have a little more than
average experience with the SuperDisk.

Since you said that you're loading Epatls.exe instead of sd120ppd.exe I'm
assuming that you have one of the newer 2x SuperDisk drives. I've used epat and
pf with the older SuperDisk without a problem (in fact I am right now). The
newer drive appears to use a different chip. One of the diagnostic programs that
gets shipped with the drive reads the previous chip as EPAT+ but the new chip
reads as EP1284 instead. I've tried using a 2x drive on my RH 6.0 system and I
had the same problem.

It'll take a new protocol or something for the new drive to work, IMHO.

Josh

phil <philwh@gate.net> on 10/06/99 01:47:17 AM