Re: [PARPORT] Parport programming, where to start?

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:58:52 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 oryx@chaos.ao.net wrote:

> If possible, can someone point me to some parport programming
> resources? Thanks,

Sorry, I haven't written any yet. You could take a look at these though:

<URL:http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport/parport-doc>
<URL:http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport/deviceid-0.1.tar.gz>

The first is a sort of specification fro each of the functions that you
are supposed to be able to use. The second is an example userland
application that uses ppdev (from Linux 2.3, but I have a backport to 2.2)
to retrieve the IEEE 1284 Device ID from a peripheral.

What kind of thing do you want to do?