[PARPORT] Avatar Shark drive error?

Praveen Srinivasan (psrin0@pop.uky.edu)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:27:57 -0400

I managed to get my Avatar shark up and running, and often it works fine,
but somtimes
I get the following error:

pda:do_pd_read:status=0x1ffff=ERR INDEX ECC DRQ SEEK WRERR READY BUSY AMNF
TKONF ABRT MCR IONF MC UNC ??? TMO

or somtimes instead of do_pd_read, it will be do_pd_write. Usually, if I
copy files less than 2MB or so, it doesn't say anything, but if I copy
large files (i.e. >2MB), I get several of these, and the larger the file,
the more of them. Also, sometimes the files get corrupted in the transfer.
Is this output normal, or is there something wrong?

Thanks,
Praveen Srinivasan