Re: [PARPORT] Parport?

Jeremy Bair (oryx@chaos.ao.net)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings Robert,

        I have worked almost endlessly to get the QuickCam to function on
the DEC Alpha Multia. It seems as though this alpha in particular does not
have a PC style Parallel port. Nothing will seem to detect the camera in
any way, and if I bypass detection, I receive the same parallel port data,
which is a continuous line of 0xff data, with or without the camera
connected. I haven't tried hooking up an actual printer or trying PLIP,
but I do imagine that I won't get any satisfactory results.

I would love to try out your QuickCam package on the box, hopefully I can
take a look at the code a bit deeper and possibly obtain some hardware
info on the UDB's Parallel ports.

Thanks,
Oryx

Oryx@FurryMuck - oryx@ungulate.net