[PARPORT] parport ECP mode

Darren Bilby (darren@neo.co.nz)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:01:20 +1300

Hi, just been trying to write some code to shove a whole lot of data out to
a proprietary device. I need to be using ECP DMA mode to do this. (currently
a standard motherboard port, later switching to a lava or SIIG card)
I have kernel version 2.3.19 running and my code works fine, unfortunately I
have another piece of hardware (a video capture card) whose drivers do not
work under 2.3.X yet.

I seem to remember some talk of the current drivers being ported back to
2.2, has that been done yet? If so, how do I get hold of the drivers?

Cheers

Darren Bilby
ITB Systems Ltd
Auckland, New Zealand