[PARPORT] Help needed: Reenabling IRQ after IRQ-Handling with parport

Levent Gündogdu (levon@feature-it.de)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:00:35 +0100

Hi Folks.

I am writing a driver for a parallel port midi interface. There are two
things I didn´t
quite understand:

1.
After the irq handler is called by the parport implementation, I can
read data
from my device. Unfortunaly the irq handler gets called only once. I am
able
to read the rest of my data after reloading my module, because it is
queued in
the midi hardware. I think I need a way of reenabling irqs after irq
processing.
Is that right?

2.
At module initialization I probe for the midi interface using a specifed
protocol.
AFAIK I must not do something with the port until I claimed it. After I
claim
the device, IRQs get enabled and I receive the data BEFORE the probing.
So I need a way to claim the device, probe for the midi interface and
(after success)
enable the IRQs. Do you know a way to achieve this?

Bye,
 Levent.

--
Feature-IT Information Technology

eMail: info@feature-it.de

http://www.feature-it.de (Deutsch) http://www.feature-it.com (English)

Phone: +49 511 95981-0 Fax: +49 511 95981-40