Re: [PARPORT] ZIP drive with Mandrake 6.1

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:26:30 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Robin M. Braun wrote:

> I assume that I need the imm module. I do not need a par port driver for
> a printer. If I issue modprobe imm I get an error message about
> "resource busy". Could this be because the kernal has the par port
> driver in the kernel? It is not indicated in an lsmod list.

The imm module depends on parport (and parport_pc) for access to the port,
regardless of whether you intend to use the sharing capabilities.

When you get the 'resource busy' error, take a look at what the 'dmesg'
command says. You might find it worth trying the ppa driver instead, but
it's unlikely to make a difference if the Zip drive is new.