Re: [PARPORT] Lava LPT PCI cards

Harondel J. Sibble (help@pdscc.com)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:06:06 -0700

On 28 Oct 99, at 20:47, Tim Waugh wrote:

> He was mostly right. The patch has been available ever since they kindly
> faxed me the information I asked them for, and it's been integrated into the
> development tree. As Alan pointed out, it will also be in 2.2.14 when that
> comes out.

Alan and Tim, thanks for the info!!!
Cool, is there support for the PCI versions of their cards or just the ISA
ones? What about the other multiport cards they have? I won't have a chance
to even look at the 2.2.14pre for at least a week or two <sigh, so much to do
and so little time ; - )>

> Out of interest, what are you planning on using the port for? Extra
> printer, external drive, ..?

in this case a second printer, putting in a linux server for filesharing and
email and to centralize the printing in a small office, they presently have
like 4 printers which would be simplified to 2 HP laserjets (a 4L and a 4P
IIRC)

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help@pdscc.com (pgp enabled) http://www.pdscc.com
(604) 739-3709 (voice/fax) (604) 686-2253 (pager)