[PARPORT] Intel bug

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:23:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi guys,

Does anybody remember why we check for the Intel ECPEPP bug? The symptom
is that the EPP timeout bit is _not_ set to 1 when not in EPP mode.

The original check is due to David Campbell, and it is found in his
id_probe program as well as older versions of ppa.c.

I can't think of what bad effects it could have. It would be nice if we
could get rid of the check if there really isn't anything bad that can
result.