Re: [PARPORT] Epp speed problems

Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 05:06:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, chris fletcher wrote:

> Is there some type of delay in ppdev or parport that will
> prevent the port from data transfer rates greater than 140 kbytes/sec?

Yes, and it's been fixed very recently (2.3.25 or so). You could try
grabbing the latest kernel; if that doesn't build, you could try
2.2.13-ppdev3.gz which also has the fix (or is that what you were
trying?).

I have a patch for EPP transfers as well; the logic looks wrong to me, but
I can't test it out here. Let me know if you can get a development kernel
up and running, and if not I'll make a 2.2 patch for it.