[PARPORT] No parport for 2.0.36?

David E Euresti (davie@MIT.EDU)
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 06:11:31 EST

Hi. I have a laptop with one parallel port. Attached to it is an
Imation Superdisk LS-120 and an HP Deskjet 340. I've tried paride but
I get this:

bash# insmod pf
/lib/modules/preferred/misc/pf.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

And I've read that you can't have two things on the same parallel
port. Is there any way around this that isn't upgrading my kernel.
(I can't upgade my kernel because AFS will stop working)

Are there any other options besides parport that will do this?

Thanks,
David