[PARPORT] Speeding up the HP colorado 5GB tape

Tim Coninx (Tim.Coninx@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:31:52 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

Can anyone give me a clear example about how to speed up my tapedriver ?
The first way should be something about setting the port delay to zero,
the second way about setting the block size. (tar -b ?)

I tried the tapedriver with winblows the other day, with the drivers from
HP. It went much faster (I guess 4 times as fast), and there was a small
catalogue written on the beginning of the tape.

About the going-faster issue, can this be solved with port delay and
blocksize ?

About the catalogue, is there some linux program that also can do this
(preferably in a compatible way) ?

Thanks,

Tim