Re: [PARPORT] ppdev user-space driver in Epp mode

Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 08:48:21 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, chris wrote:

> and have seen some interesting results. It seems that the EPP data read
> speed does not exceed 350Mbytes/sec, which does not compare with reports
> that I have seen about the statistics of the parallel port in EPP mode.

Without dmesg output to see what parport_pc says when it initialises,
it'#s difficult for me to say anything useful here. The speed will depend
on the BIOS setting for the parallel port as well as the compilation
options for parport_pc.