[PARPORT] ppSCSI patch problems...

systemic@mciworld.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:08:30 -0800

Greetings,

This is my first posting to this list, so I hope that this falls under
the acceptable use policy, so to speak. I'm attempting to get my HP
ScanJet 5100c scanner to work with Redhat Linux 6.1 (upgraded kernel to
2.2.12). I've downloaded the ppSCSI-0.91.patch file and attempted to
patch my source tree. The patch came from 2.2.10 so that may be by
problem right there. Anyhow, when I do a 'patch -p0 ppSCSI-0.91.patch'
from the /usr/src tree, nothing happens. What I mean is, the command
just hangs until I do a control-c. I even tried a force command on it
but that didn't work either.

I admit that I'm pretty weak when it comes to patching my kernel, I've
only done it a few times and then only with the kernel 'patch.gz' files.
Heck, I even stopped doing that for the most part.

I'd really like to get my scanner working here, and I have confirmation
that this will do it for me (along with a couple of other things), I
just can't seem to get by this step in the process. If anyone here on
this list can help me out either with information, or another patch...
I'd be most appreciative.

Systemic