[PARPORT] Help/hints needed on chipset (AGFA/SnapScan 1212p)

Jim Freeman (jfree@sovereign.org)
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:53:31 -0700

I've torn into the [1] AGFA SnapScan 1212p (bought on impulse
without checking if drivers existed - none listed [2,3], and
[4] tech support seemed anxious to disclaim any Linux support ).

At first blush, it looks like the chips providing the smarts
are not listed as supported by the [5] ppSCSI suite.

I'd be curious to know if the chips listed below have manufacturer
or tech info available, and if they might provide ppSCSI-type
functionality. Any hints on where/how to chase down more info,
or how to interpret info on the chips would be much appreciated.

Main (?) chip:
 AP7107P
 9914 TM05
 XB276800000B

Secondary (?) chip:
 A3568F
 A026B
 9917AP

Adjunct:
 ISSI
 IS61C1024-15J
 Q11342L 9917

Please also, any tips on using WINE to snoop this if it
is a proprietary protocol.

[1] http://www.agfahome.com/product/CatProd_DisplayPublic.html?id=3100
[2] http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html
[3] http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~charter/SnapScan/snapscan.html