[PARPORT] Please tell me how to make my printer work in Red Hat 6.1

ohm (ohm@bellsouth.net)
Sun, 02 Jan 2000 15:28:53 -0500

Dear Sir,

I have Red Hat 6.1 installed on my computer that my brother got me for
Christmas. I installed the setup with printer support.

When I use the Gnome Contol Panel Print Tool, I see that there are no
devices on lp0, lp1, lp2. When I try to install my printer and test it,
nothing happens. Then I delete all /var/spool/lp directories.

I have added this line to my /etc/conf.modules file:
alias paraport_lowlevel paraport_pc as per web help suggested. This did
not help at all, the printer still does not work

I have an Epson Stylus Color 800 printer.

Please help me to get my local printer running under Red Hat Linux 6.1

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Paul Baio
ohm@bellsouth.net