Re: [PARPORT] Please tell me how to make my printer work in Red Hat 6.1

Alexandre Blanchette (blanalex@blanalex.dyndns.org)
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:53:12 -0500

OK, then, in /etc/conf.modules, add the line

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc #there was a typo in the line you erased

and try to install your printer, if the printer installation utility still
doesn't detect, you can force parameters by adding this line to
/etc/conf.modules:

options lp io=0x378 irq=7

if that still don't work, then i'm clueless ;)

Alexandre Blanchette

Pardo's First Postulate:
   "Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening."
Arnold's Addendum:
   "Everything else causes cancer in rats."