Re: [PARPORT] Re: Please tell me how to make my printer work in Red Hat 6.1 - FIXED!

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 01:31:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, ohm wrote:

> So we have to tell the system that we do indeed have a parallel port and
> where to find it. I added these three lines to my /etc/conf.modules file:
>
> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
> options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7
> post-install parport /sbin/modprobe parport_pc

I'm fairly sure you don't need most of these lines. You should be able to
remove the 'options' and 'post-install' ones -- if not, I'd like to know
about it..