Re: [PARPORT] HP Colorado 5GB parallel port Tape Drive

Nathan Meyers (nmeyers@javalinux.net)
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:54:26 -0800

Mohan P wrote:
> I seem to have a trouble with mt. If I specifying any command using 'mt -f
> /dev/pt0' I get an error saying below.
>
> mhn> mt -f /dev/pt0 erase
> pt0: HP COLORADO 5GBe, master, blocksize 512, 2458 MB
> pt0: Unimplemented mt_op 13
> /dev/pt0: invalid argument

Unfortunately, I didn't realize that not all the tape control operations
are implemented by this driver. If you check back for an earlier
response to my response, you'll see an alternate approach that involves
reading the existing tar archive until you hit the end.

Nathan