Re: [PARPORT] Iomega and Printer

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:17:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Juan Manuel Truffa wrote:

> I've just installed RedHat 6.1. I'm trying to figure out how to make
> the zip (zip100, parallel port) drive work correctly. Besides, from
> the gnome windowmanager, I could not make the printer work. Please, if
> anyone has any idea on how to make these two things work, please give
> a hand.

(For the printer thing, take a look at the 'gotcha!'s list at
www.redhat.com.)

The Zip drive driver is either ppa or imm, depending on how old your Zip
drive is (imm for newer drives). If you have a SCSI-less system, you
could put something like 'alias scsi_hostadapter ppa' in your
/etc/conf.modules and see if you can mount the device then.

The Zip drive will likely be /dev/sda4 -- they are often partitioned that
way.