[PARPORT] Jaz drive

Daniel Browne (djb@uswest.net)
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:15:05 -0800

Hey all,
I know this is a little off subject, being a hardware related question,
but what the hell. Today someone gave me a non-functioning 1 Gig Jaz
drive. I know these things were problematic for a while, but don't know
why. Does anyone know what component(s) would fail on these units? Is it
an easy fix? And how do you get the case open? I'm assuming it has a
"snap fit" using tabs integral to the plastic case, as there are no
visible fasteners. Any help would be appreciated.

--
Daniel Browne
Seattle Ghetto

'77 CB750 Compaq 386/20: Win 3.11 '75 Valiant PS/2 55 SX: Dos 6.22/Win NT '83 320i Xcel/Celeron: Win 95/SuSE Linux 6.2

Word begets image and image is virus