[PARPORT] Meaning of ECPPS2.

Eugene Weiss (eweiss@sas.upenn.edu)
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:44:52 -0500

Could someone explain the difference between PS2 mode and ECPPS2 mode. The
info I get on the port is as follows:

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778) [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation.

I had thought that this meant that the port would emulate PS2 mode if the
proper value (0x20) were written to the ECP control register (0x378 + 0x402).
Apparently I am wrong about this, as I can't get the port to work in PS2 mode
(I am working on a driver for a scanner). Can anyone tell me what ECPPS2 is,
and if it can be made to act as a PS2 port, or otherwise where I can find
documentation on how it functions?

-Eugene Weiss