RE: [PARPORT] Sharing a parallel port

Jeffrey J. Jenkins (jjenkins@dolphin.upenn.edu)
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:37:11 -0500 (EST)

Well, it isn't the prettiest thing, but using modprobe to remove, then
install lp after removing onscsi. This does successfully restore the
functionality of the printer. But, I now can't do the opposite (remove lp
and install onscis again) and get the scanner working again. (Once the
printer gets control of the parallel port again, I haven't been able to
get it to release it.

There is probably some combination of loading and unloading the other
parport modules that I need to discover which will work. I'll see if I
can figure out something that will work this week.

Jeff.