Re: [PARPORT] Delkin e-Film Reader - Boot Win95 First and mount problems

Salvador Pinto Abreu (spa@khromeleque.dmat.uevora.pt)
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:05:12 GMT

I have the exact same setup.

> > I'm having a couple of problems with my Delkin e-Film reader
> > (CompactFlash card reader). Unless I boot the system in Win95 before
> > rebooting to Linux, paride fails to see the device. (Some kind of
> > initialization that the Windows driver performs?)
>
> Any chance the parallel port you're using is on a plug-n-play card? If
> so, you'll need to learn about isapnp.

>From what I saw the isapnptools package only deals with ISA PnP cards, not
parallel port "PnP" devices. Care to confirm or deny?

Another problem is removing/inserting the flash card: accessing /dev/pda after
changing the card just crashes my machine.

Oh, and it also seems to lose whatever config it got from the Delkin DOS setup
if I rmmod pd and try to modprobe pd again.

I guess I'll have to start looking for a SCSI interface such as the MicroTech
IDPA (see http://www.microtechint.com/qs-dpai.html).

../salvador